How to Determine Your Litigation Strategy
If you can’t get paid any other way, it may be time to consider collecting through a lawsuit. Before you jump straight into court, however, get things right by considering the following:
- The strengths and weaknesses of your claim, and whether you need to settle for less than you want or write off the debt.
- Whether you should file a lawsuit or instead consider alternative dispute resolution.
- Who you should name as a defendant in your collections case.
- What legal theories you should raise against the defendants.
Your goal is to devise the best strategy, right from the start, to achieve the best possible result.
How Strong is Your Case?
You’ll have to assess your case and determine whether it’s strong enough to win in either alternative dispute resolution or in court. Your evaluation of evidence should include:
- Reviewing any letters or other written communications exchanged with the debtor, and your notes on any comments made orally.
- Analyzing the debtor’s likely claims and defenses.
- Evaluating the data objectively.
We Specialize in Debt Collection in Michigan!
At Muller, Muller, Richmond, & Harms, P.C., our attorneys specialize in debt collection in Michigan. We can help you build a strategy customized to fit your business needs. We want to ensure you receive the best possible outcome in pursuing your case.
Since 1961, our top-rated lawyers have been dedicated to professionally and aggressively pursuing the money you’re owed in a straightforward, ethical manner. With offices in Birmingham and Grand Rapids, we handle claims against debtors located in Michigan, even if you are located out of state or out of the country.
Take the First Step! Our Attorneys for Debt Collection in Michigan Can Help You!
Is your case too complex to handle on your own? If you need help settling a debt owed to your business by a debtor in Michigan, contact an experienced attorney who handles debt collection in Michigan.
Let our experts handle all the work for you! Fill out the information form on our “Contact Us” page, or give us a call at 248-645-2440, to ask questions and figure out your next steps. Don’t let the money owed to you get away – get started today! We look forward to hearing from you.