How to Prepare Your Alternative Dispute Resolution
Want to save time and get paid quickly? An alternative dispute resolution may be the answer you’ve been looking for.
Do you want to go the ADR route instead of filing a formal lawsuit?
Do you need help with alternative dispute resolution?
To prepare for ADR for debt collections in Michigan you must:
Gather your evidence:
- Gather all documents that relate to the matter.
- Gather written statements from witnesses familiar with the matter. If your ADR permits or requires live witness testimony, see if your witnesses are available to testify.
Know your case:
- Prepare a summary of your case. You should stress the three major points of your case. Don’t read the summary at a hearing. You should be prepared to discuss the issues at length if asked, however.
- Know your case backward and forward. Even though you may not enjoy studying it, you should also know the other side’s case as well as your own.
- Keep your emotions out of it. Be humble, calm, factual, and believable. That’s not to say you should come across as a robot, however! Present your argument while remaining calm, rational, and professional.
- Dress to impress. You want to send the right message that you’re taking the proceeding seriously.
- Expect to be interrupted. Sometimes a mediator or arbitrator takes a very active role, questioning you and interrupting you to get clarification.
- Anticipate technical questions. You may need to bring a witness who is knowledgeable about the technical aspects of your case.
We Specialize in Debt Collections in Michigan!
At Muller, Muller, Richmond, & Harms, P.C., our attorneys specialize in debt collections in Michigan. We can help you build a strategy customized to fit your business needs. We want to ensure that you receive the best possible outcome in pursuing your case.
Since 1961, our top-rated lawyers have been dedicated to professionally and aggressively pursuing the money you’re owed in a straightforward, ethical manner. With offices in Birmingham and Grand Rapids, we handle claims against debtors located in Michigan, even if you are located out of state or out of the country.
Take the First Step! Call Attorneys for Debt Collection in Michigan Today!
If you need help settling a debt owed to your business by a debtor in Michigan, contact an experienced attorney for debt collections in Michigan.
Let our experts handle all the work for you! Fill out the information form on our “Contact Us” page, or give us a call at 248-645-2440 to ask questions and figure out your next steps. Don’t let the money owed to you go away – get started today! We look forward to hearing from you.